Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electro+Dubstep=Complextro?
Torrentech: electronic music torrent downloads > Our community > Electronic music discussion
Shizballs
It seems to me there's a new genre being born out of these two styles or more so that electro is just starting to utilize the wobble in more interesting ways.
Eitherway, I'd like to hear more of this shit. I got into electronic music from electro, but the wobble in dubstep is really what got me hooked.
It seemed to make so much sense to me, that more futuristic styles of music would take advantage of technological advances, and therefore would
be able to twist and contort in the most complex ways possible. Granted, there's a lot of dumbasses hopping on genre's as this sound is easy for the
general population to like, but for anyone looking to do work around this industry, those dumbasses are customers biggrin.gif

Anyways here's links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyE3EDCigE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ_aoZXyAL8
alejandros
That's interesting, I also used to listen to electro then was pissed of by lots of releases sounding more and more all the same, and lots of unjustified hype/overrated tracks (ed banger not to quote anything lol) so I'll keep an eye of new kinds of sounds. Regarding the name...Complextro ahem... biggrin.gif
spectra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mga4evDWxFU

that is all

between bong-ra, exillon and hecq, there's enough legitimate talent to kick skrillex's pussy little ass and have him crawl back begging for more
Shizballs
QUOTE (Canar @ 25. Feb 2011, 13:48) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mga4evDWxFU

that is all

between bong-ra, exillon and hecq, there's enough legitimate talent to kick skrillex's pussy little ass and have him crawl back begging for more

lol wtf man, that's a totally different sound? how are you going to say one artist is better than another artist in a different genre?

Fuck you, I like Skrillex!
Shizballs
QUOTE (alejandros @ 25. Feb 2011, 08:47) *
That's interesting, I also used to listen to electro then was pissed of by lots of releases sounding more and more all the same, and lots of unjustified hype/overrated tracks (ed banger not to quote anything lol) so I'll keep an eye of new kinds of sounds. Regarding the name...Complextro ahem... biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean. The electro genre, just became a really generic sound, but I'm liking this electro with the wobble type effects in it a lot. If you haven't already, check out Feed Me.
IRMA
QUOTE (Shizballs @ 24. Feb 2011, 11:12) *

That track is just simple hard electro with classic glitchy dubstep part. Don't understand why they have to make something brand new out of it.
Shizballs
QUOTE (IrushiNo @ 25. Feb 2011, 14:26) *

That track is just simple hard electro with classic glitchy dubstep part. Don't understand why they have to make something brand new out of it.

Yeah, idk I got "complextro" from a youtube comment, so it's not really official. I'm just taking note of the rise in the use of different techniques. If you got examples of this shit, toss em my way, I'd love to hear them biggrin.gif
weirhamster
dubstep smells like poo, that is all
Avgvstvs
There's nothing new there. Except, maybe, for the fact it's a new crap.
spectra
QUOTE (Shizballs @ 25. Feb 2011, 11:16) *
lol wtf man, that's a totally different sound? how are you going to say one artist is better than another artist in a different genre?

Fuck you, I like Skrillex!
Not even a different genre. That track is just massively breakcore-influenced breakstep. It's just dubstep with more snares. The techniques Skrillex is using there are no different than the ones the Rottun Records crew has been using for the last half-decade or so. Not even innovative...
IRMA
Yeah, he just added it to regular electro track.
Shizballs
Alright yeah, you're right it's not a new technique, but it is a new sound now that it's more common in electro. Most of the other Electro I've found doesn't sound the same, this seems more upbeat/bigger/louder.

I've found older track that have shit like this, the same sound. They're just a lot more rare. Far Too Loud and NAPT be pulling of some pretty interesting shit that kind of shares some of the same characteristics.
XXhasgoneXX
You might want to check out Zomboy. I think he has the style you're after. Same cut-up/glitchy style that Skrillex and Feed Me are rockin.

Zomboy - Dirty Disco http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVn7CVvIKW8

Zomboy - Pirate Hooker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bd944V89w

Zomboy - P.A.R.T.Y http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snik1Z0KInw
hwperic
skrillex ... so6llvgnvu8vmpsh5ikd.gif
love how it got a 0.5/5 rating on RA tongue.gif
elitesense
Why all the hate, did anyone ACTUALLY listen to "rock n roll" or "kill everybody" by skrillix??!?! Sit down, bump those tracks loud and tell me you don't groove. I love this sound. Although you posted "Weekends" and that is a zedd remix, the original is very grimey/dub.
magistah
skrillex is popular, therefore people hate on him, i don't really listen to or spin his stuff, but i don't jump on the bandwagon and hate on him because he's popular.. even though it really gets on my nerves when my roommates won't stop listening to him and flux pavillion, considering i've offered them up my collection of dubstep..
hwperic
'Kill everybody' is probably the worst of the lot. Such a silly tune it's comical. RebeccaBlack-esque (jk tongue.gif )
most of the people at tT are here because they have a some degree of musical integrity, when we say we don't like something we usually mean it.
I actually have quite a lot of respect for Skrillex. He's talented, he's an entertainer when he performs, he's living in his time not trying to endlessly remix disco classics. And his songs are relatively well produced, and he did everything on his computer in his dorm.
Note that we're not saying he's commercial or a sell-out or anything.
It's just really bad music.
Sebs0r
QUOTE (Shizballs @ 26. Feb 2011, 04:11) *
QUOTE (IrushiNo @ 25. Feb 2011, 14:26) *

Yeah, idk I got "complextro" from a youtube comment, so it's not really official. I'm just taking note of the rise in the use of different techniques. If you got examples of this shit, toss em my way, I'd love to hear them biggrin.gif

Yeah - I fucking love this sound... check out: Porter Robinson, Dirtyloud, Felguk, Alex Mind, Darth & Vader, Wolfgang Gartner....
eg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrWrYa0S-xA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2NJzT-19lE

Enjoy
final_straws
Yeah - I fucking love this sound... check out: Porter Robinson, Dirtyloud, Felguk, Alex Mind, Darth & Vader, Wolfgang Gartner....
eg:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrWrYa0S-xA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2NJzT-19lE

Enjoy

I'm the same, I thought most of it was essentially Electro House. Cheers for those suggestions, a couple I hadn't heard of.
CamoHiddenDJ
This type of music already has a name... it's called Fidget.
Shp0ngleSp0res
So many purists hatin' on the dubstep laugh.gif But seriously, I don't see how people hate on Skrillex so much. I usually don't like dubstep, because of the simple fact that most artists pump out generic. modulated bass without much effort. At least you can hear the talent and effort Skrillex puts into his music.
pyc
crap tracks
indica
QUOTE (pyc @ 12. Apr 2011, 16:33) *
crap tracks

+1 down.gif

runny poo actually.
retail
I think , only 13-16(17) years old teens like this kind of SHIT...like being an emo or i can metion the other crap techtronic? mania... this all thing about hype and fashion... no more.. unfortunatelly many festival producer invite these "artist" , because they know a lot of teens will buy the tickets.... i am really open minded at this point (music), i listen everything which is good, it can be rock, pop, alternatice etc. so not only EDM, but this is hurt my ears...

SKRILLEX = NOT COOL.. (even if he is the newfound of Deadmau5...)
XXhasgoneXX
QUOTE (retail @ 12. Apr 2011, 20:31) *
I think , only 13-16(17) years old teens like this kind of SHIT...like being an emo or i can metion the other crap techtronic? mania... this all thing about hype and fashion... no more.. unfortunatelly many festival producer invite these "artist" , because they know a lot of teens will buy the tickets.... i am really open minded at this point (music), i listen everything which is good, it can be rock, pop, alternatice etc. so not only EDM, but this is hurt my ears...

I find it hard to take your opinion seriously when it is written so poorly.
Idle.
QUOTE (xxzeppelinfreakxx @ 14. Apr 2011, 17:34) *
QUOTE (retail @ 12. Apr 2011, 20:31) *

I find it hard to take your opinion seriously when it is written so poorly.

Ya and ZeppeinFreak knows what he's talkin' about yo, he's got the boner 24/7 for music.
XXhasgoneXX
That is the best pic I've ever seen. Laughing so hard right now
Shizballs
For anyone interested in this genre, someone gave me a nice list of artists who do good work in this. I found tons of tracks on youtube, although some of them you need to filter by uploads in the past month

Cool Project
Cold Blank
Hirshee
Lucky Date
Drivepilot
Dirty Politics
Far Too Loud
Cyberpunkers
Stream Dance Project
Zedd
Alex Kidd (USA)
Alex Mind
dirtyloud
Aniki
Wolfgang Gartner
Calvertron
Rabbit Killer
Redial
Rocket Pimp
chrizz luvly
Belzebass
Audiobot
Lazrtag
Gomoha
Darth & Vader
Fast Foot
XXhasgoneXX
http://soundcloud.com/oscillatorz/oscillator-z-infiniminer

Check out this Shizballs!
XXhasgoneXX
and fast foot is sick! Thanks for that
Shizballs
QUOTE (xxzeppelinfreakxx @ 18. Apr 2011, 17:44) *

I WANT IT
final_straws
QUOTE (Shizballs @ 18. Apr 2011, 15:18) *
For anyone interested in this genre, someone gave me a nice list of artists who do good work in this. I found tons of tracks on youtube, although some of them you need to filter by uploads in the past month

Cool Project
Cold Blank
Hirshee
Lucky Date
Drivepilot
Dirty Politics
Far Too Loud
Cyberpunkers
Stream Dance Project
Zedd
Alex Kidd (USA)
Alex Mind
dirtyloud
Aniki
Wolfgang Gartner
Calvertron
Rabbit Killer
Redial
Rocket Pimp
chrizz luvly
Belzebass
Audiobot
Lazrtag
Gomoha
Darth & Vader
Fast Foot

Cheers for that list, been checking some of them out since i hadn't heard of a lot of them.
A lot better than Skrillex anyway which i have to say im not keen on.
Shizballs
QUOTE (final_straws @ 19. Apr 2011, 04:26) *
Cheers for that list, been checking some of them out since i hadn't heard of a lot of them.
A lot better than Skrillex anyway which i have to say im not keen on.

biggrin.gif
CosmoMemory
Fuckin-lame-15-year-old-pop-listening-bandwaggon-riding-scenester-fucking-checkered-shirt-fringe-and-hairspray-shit-taste-cunty-poser-step.
Skrillex = novelty noise.
What a load of shite.

Shizballs
QUOTE (CosmoMemory @ 04. May 2011, 05:57) *
Fuckin-lame-15-year-old-pop-listening-bandwaggon-riding-scenester-fucking-checkered-shirt-fringe-and-hairspray-shit-taste-cunty-poser-step.
What a load of shite.

U mad bro?

I'm sorry. Nevermind. Ur clearly mad, bro. I'll leave you alone.
CosmoMemory
QUOTE (Shizballs @ 04. May 2011, 12:13) *
QUOTE (CosmoMemory @ 04. May 2011, 05:57) *
What a load of shite.

U mad bro?

Hehe, nah. Allow me to elaborate. You'd probably know what I mean about the whole scene bullshit if you were from the UK. Consider yourself lucky.

As for the music, I don't rate it. I don't understand how people can consider themselves connoisseurs of any kind of music if all they can come up with when prompted to voice their appreciation of it is a sentence that containins the word "filth" atleast 10 times. In my mind it just cements the fact that its only real value, is novelty value that will eventually wear off. To me, it seems more like a shallow fad than any kind of an important movement.

BUT, that just goes for UK scene kids that piss me off, I will not generalize. I fully appreciate that it is possible to appreciate the whole "filth" thing on a deeper level if you're actually interested in synthesis which, I am, it's just that the filth thing tends to rub me the wrong way.

I also appreciate that where you come from, it is probably totally different, in that there may not be the same people and attitudes surrounding it that have lead me to stigmatize it so heavily.
djredi2step
I cant really hear what part of this is influenced by dubstep in the OP's post. there's no subbass or 2-step beat. it just sounds like electro-house.
dihoryan
i like the genre
i dont call it complextro though
just electro-house
(i feel the same as redi2step)
theres no dubstep influence other than that they're using the same programs so they ended up with a similar sound these guys just took electro house to a wobblier and harder place
Shizballs
QUOTE (CosmoMemory @ 04. May 2011, 12:33) *
Hehe, nah. Allow me to elaborate. You'd probably know what I mean about the whole scene bullshit if you were from the UK. Consider yourself lucky.

As for the music, I don't rate it. I don't understand how people can consider themselves connoisseurs of any kind of music if all they can come up with when prompted to voice their appreciation of it is a sentence that containins the word "filth" atleast 10 times. In my mind it just cements the fact that its only real value, is novelty value that will eventually wear off. To me, it seems more like a shallow fad than any kind of an important movement.

BUT, that just goes for UK scene kids that piss me off, I will not generalize. I fully appreciate that it is possible to appreciate the whole "filth" thing on a deeper level if you're actually interested in synthesis which, I am, it's just that the filth thing tends to rub me the wrong way.

I also appreciate that where you come from, it is probably totally different, in that there may not be the same people and attitudes surrounding it that have lead me to stigmatize it so heavily.

Yeah, America's probably worse. UK being where dubstep originate and all, it probably has a higher ratio of the classic dubstep heads. Over here, dubstep wasn't so much a year ago, but this year, everyone is raving about how dirty or filthy a song is. I've already witnessed three people copy and paste one of the gay youtube comments like "dirtier than hitlers k/d ratio" fucking gross. As much as it disgusts me if I get into doing work around this genre these will be consumers so I gotta learn how to put up with them.

QUOTE (dihoryan @ 04. May 2011, 15:04) *
dont call it complextro

Yeah I'm kinda regretting it now. Complextro sounds gay, and the only difference is more wobble.
junglistdemz
Lately, i been hearing this type of sounds more now. Its prbly going to be big new thing. Mostly i always hear it comes from skrillez
Flint Eastwood
QUOTE (dihoryan @ 04. May 2011, 21:04) *
i like the genre
i dont call it complextro though
just electro-house

People are always inventing ridiculous names for genres in the hope that it'll catch on and they'll be recognised as the first 'Complextro' artist, even though it's just a slight take on electro house.

Just recently I discovered somebody using the term 'Progno'.

And I wept when I heard this.

(And lol, looking this up again I see he deleted my comment in his track which said that the techy parts are quite alright but it's a shame about the epic cheese in the middle XD)
djredi2step
Can i just say there's a massive difference between electro, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDCYjb8RHk
and electro-house, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw.
Sorry to be boring but its annoying me. Its like calling dubstep dub.
Shizballs
QUOTE (djredi2step @ 24. May 2011, 05:16) *
Can i just say there's a massive difference between electro, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDCYjb8RHk

lol wtf that's not electro, I barely hear any synth at all. That's some ancient shit if anything, I'd call it "electronica". Generic term but w.e.

that's definitely brostep
weirhamster
you fail, shizz, you fail
LoneStar
QUOTE (Shizballs @ 24. May 2011, 13:23) *
[Planet Rock]
lol wtf that's not electro, I barely hear any synth at all. That's some ancient shit if anything, I'd call it "electronica". Generic term but w.e.

Congratulations shizballs, you just outed yourself to have no fucking clue about electronic music. Planet Rock is THE blueprint electro track. It's the single track that maybe started the whole electro/hiphop/breakdance movement. Hiphop for example existed before, but after this track hit the world like a bomb, they ALL adopted to the formula. Read up and get your facts straight before spitting random bullshit smile.gif

EDIT:.
For your education which is badly needed, the track has its own wikipedia article.
Also you might want to have a look what electro is, your idea of it seems twisted.
indica
Fuck.

Shiz you need to spend time in the Torrentech re-education facility.

Bambaataa pretty much pioneered the style.
No synth? This track sample Kraftwerk who were very instrumental in the early days of electronic music (I don't like the term "electronica")

This is ELECTRO.
The house stuff is NOT.
Penguinface

lol. Ya Skrillex is pretty cheesy stuff. It's annoying, busy, there's no real progressive build, but rather those trance cracker style drop builds every minuet and a half. It's overdone, gaudy, over produced, bears no real resemblance to proper gritty dub step, but sounds more like the mainstream "hype step" ultra polished soulless garbage. mixed with bad club music. More like sound collage then music.

Skrillex is what they would play on the radio while announcing the station numbers. I think he could find a job doing that sort of thing, or writing commercials.

spotshockrock
eh, Skrillex is a good producer, but thats really it, i've seen him live twice and as a performer watching another performer i was very dissapointed in both cases. I would rather pay $40 to go watch a local DJ that knows how to work the decks, spin skrillex's music than ever pay to see skrillex spin his own music ever again. I see alot of similarity between him and deadmau5 as well, a huge reason hes on mau5trap recording too, i think. They both have these genuine genius concepts of music and how its built, yet deadmau5 totally relies on his light show for his performance at this point, and skrillex simply relies on other people puttin his music out cuz its heavy so he can sell tickets to his show where he'll just tell you that he made it and the name of the track before he presses play on his cdj, whack-ass!
Some people seem to be such skrillex fiends though already that it doesnt matter what he does on stage and theyll say it was the sickest ever, NO! stop being ignorant and look at anyone you've ever seen put a show together and i bet they've surpassed skrillex's live capabilities like 10-fold.
Who wants to pay to see a performer who doesn't perform, kick em off the block if they aren't worthy.

-DJ Choons
spotshockrock
p.s.
i've been lovin up the complextro for like a month now.
my fav's are definately:
feed me
darth & vader
porter robinson
rocket pimp
zedd
Slankoe
I think Feed Me's stuff is pretty cool. I still miss back when the guy made dnb, it's what he was good at...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.