Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Desolate - The Invisible Insurrection
Torrentech: electronic music torrent downloads > Our community > Electronic music discussion
Glitchwerks
http://www.discogs.com/Desolate-The-Invisi...release/2647678

If you haven't heard it yet, I'm sure you will! It's pretty much a carbon copy of Burial's sounds, except perhaps a bit more ambient.

I was almost a little bit stunned by how derivative it is of Burial's work. That's not to say I dislike it. Quite the contrary, I love it to death.

But is the crackle dub, ghostly voice samples thing someone else's work? Or fair game? Either way, I think it's worth a listen and I wanted to know what other people thought.
shaAKAshahin
QUOTE (Glitchwerks @ 21. Feb 2011, 20:32) *
http://www.discogs.com/Desolate-The-Invisi...release/2647678

If you haven't heard it yet, I'm sure you will! It's pretty much a carbon copy of Burial's sounds, except perhaps a bit more ambient.

I was almost a little bit stunned by how derivative it is of Burial's work. That's not to say I dislike it. Quite the contrary, I love it to death.

But is the crackle dub, ghostly voice samples thing someone else's work? Or fair game? Either way, I think it's worth a listen and I wanted to know what other people thought.

Glitch you don't know jack about music. Go listen to Sven's music. He has been around for a long time and will put burials music six feet deep. Sven Weismann is the MAN, I have been friends with him for a long time and he was cool enough to send me some of his un-released tracks like "for luna". Don't spam treads unless you know what you are talking about. I found his music before it was even posted on discogs you noob.

If your a fan boy of burials work to believe that he was the first to create melding soundscapes that have shuttered voice effects you are fooled. He is just one of the first ones to base an album off it. Drum,kick,bass melt with rolling synths are part of all music in this genre. Listen to tyco he uses the same variation, even old boards of canada and ripperton have uses this same pattern.

This is a RAW ass release, huge soundscapes, Han Zimmer run for cover he could easy do the next movie Inception OST.

Support the kid and buy his music.

-Sha
Glitchwerks
Wow. I just asked if people thought copying another artists a bit too closely was alright or not.

I also said how much I liked the album as well.

I didn't expect such a jackass response months after I made this post.

I've been listening to this music for over two decades, you know nothing about me. So kindly drop the attitude. You're not impressing anyone.
shaAKAshahin
QUOTE (Glitchwerks @ 15. May 2011, 07:55) *
Wow. I just asked if people thought copying another artists a bit too closely was alright or not.

I also said how much I liked the album as well.

I didn't expect such a jackass response months after I made this post.

I've been listening to this music for over two decades, you know nothing about me. So kindly drop the attitude. You're not impressing anyone.

jackass response? Well you spammed someones post to say he was copying Burial's style. Nobody owns a style? People bite Michael Jackson in every form of pop. No disrespect, sorry if you took it personal.
Glitchwerks
Calling someone you don't know a noob and saying they don't know jack is definitely a jackass response, especially when you copypasta'ed it across two threads (and that is spamming, by the way.)

I didn't spam anyone's post. I thanked them for posting the album, said it was a great album and mentioned that it is copying Burial's style, because it damn well is.

In this thread I basically asked if someone owns a style, all the while praising the album.

Are you mature enough to handle honest discussion about an artist, or are you just going to rip on people without reading their posts?

Whatever.
LoneStar
Guys, guys, let's all settle down and decide this like grown ups. Let's have a look at some totally objective criteria.

shaAKAshahin vs Glitchwerks
Join Date (earlier wins): 10.03.07 vs 15.04.07
score 1 - 0

Ratio (higher wins): 1.79 vs 0.51
score 1 - 0

Spam coefficient (posts/thanks ratio, lower wins): 0.5962 vs 1.3395
score 1 - 0

Avatar awesomeness: robot vs lolcat
score 1 - 0

It's settled. We have a winner!
shaAKAshahin
LOL, I did not want to sound high and might, lets me friends. My reason for both posts was that I did not like the fact that you did troll on someone elses seed please understand this does discourage people to listen to quality music that is original. Again no hard feelings peace in the techeast smile.gif

Friends! drunk.gif

LoneStar drinks.gif Thanks for being a nice and fair Mod.
Glitchwerks
I didn't troll on anyone's thread! In fact, the moderator who posted the album said "welcome" and agreed with me it was a terrific album.

Here is the message you say is trolling!

QUOTE (Glitchwerks @ 22. Feb 2011, 10:28) *
This is a must have for all fans of Burial. It's Sven Weismann mimicking Burial's sound...it's really damn good.

Thanks so much for the FLAC.

I haven't criticized anything or anyone. I have simply pointed out that the album is indeed derivative of Burial's work. Every post I made about the album in question was extremely positive and in no way discouraged anyone not to listen to the album.

If you read my posts in this thread and that one, you can see I'm clearly recommending the album to everyone.

LoneStar, that is ridiculous. I'm being flamed and trolled and you are instigating further conflict. That isn't being a very effective moderator.

I must be in bizarro world today. I praise something and people say I'm not. I'm not flaming and trolling, and yet I'm also being trolled by a moderator who makes up some sort of win/lose scenario based not on the evidence in the thread, but based on completely arbitrary statistics. I find it insulting that you somehow feel my posts are spam by some silly ratio. I've obviously participated more, and thanked people for sharing far more. So you're discouraging me from participating on Torrentech at all?

My ratio sucks because my original PC died, I lost thousands of torrents I was seeding nonstop and I've been unable to upload on my laptop, even though I leave the thing on and seeding 16 hours a day.

I made a thread to discuss a great album, and I'm sorry I did it. I am sincerely disappointed in Torrentech today.
LoneStar
I do see now that my action indeed wasn't effective. This thread was going personal and flaming from both sides, and I tried to end that by topping it off with the biggest ridicule I could think of. Obviously I failed because you didn't see that and took it all serious, so sorry for that.
Can we all stop now being upset about who came first, Burial vs Desolate, Jackson vs The World etc?
djredi2step
Back on topic. I also think Desolate's album is very good. In someways it's different to Burial. I think its a bit more sparse and more pessimistic, if that means anything to anyone. A lot of producer's are heavily influenced by burial (Synkro, early phaeleh, kerogen, vvv, submerse etc.) and this should be seen as evidence of Burial's genius, rather than as cheapening his work. As long as the producer makes the music his/her own way, it is progressive to the scene. If it is just a copy without individuality, it is generic and will cause the scene to stagnate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEb92uHhdPI
Beautiful tune thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.