Foobar2000 - configurating
|Here is the topic you chose to view
|From the Foobar2000 Homepage
Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for
several popular audio formats.
* Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.
* Full unicode support.
* Advanced tagging capabilities.
* Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
* ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Foobar2000 is often regarded as the best audio player available. The potential for GUI customization is limitless; one major drawback keeping the average joe from using this wonderful software is the strong learning gradient associated with customizing this software. This Tutorial will hopefully serve to soften that gradient and allow everyone to experience the wonderful world of foobar.
This is the easy part:
* Download Foobar
* Follow the installer instructions.
* Congratulations! You've installed Foobar2000!
Not very impressive is it. We need to add some third party components and a GUI to make this thing rock.
Configuring the Elegance GUI
Elegance is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for foobar. This allows the user to access the many features of foobar in an easy and eye pleasing fashion.
First you will want to Download Elegance.
The download is in a zip file so you will need to extract it using WinZip or WinRar.
Next you need to download the required components (save these to a folder on the desktop for ease).
You will also need to download some fonts if you may not have:
* Calibri - If you have Office 2007 or Windows Vista you have this font. If not, it is included in the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack
After downloading the file, run the application and the fonts should automatically be added to your directory.
* AvantGarde LT Medium, AvantGarde LT Medium Caps - Download Here
After downloading the zip, extract, open the fonts folder, and drag ONLY the two fonts needed into your Fonts folder. You can find your Fonts folder by clicking
After downloading the required components and fonts, you are ready to set up foobar.
Exit out of foobar if it is currently running
* Find your foobar2000 program folder (probably: C:\Program Files\foobar2000)
* Create a new folder inside of foobar2000 named PanelsUI.
* After extracting the elegance download, drag the folder named elegance into the new folder PanelsUI, and drag the playlistswitcher file directly into the foobar2000 folder.
* Extract all of the components downloaded earlier, and drag only the .dll files into the components folder.
* Double click the foobar icon and select Panels UI.
* Press Ctrl P to access the Preferences Menu.
* Edit the Following options:
* Click Display->Panels UI->under Layout select elegance\elegance.pui or elegance\scpl.pui
elegance.pui is a miniplayer with full view option and scpl.pui is only the miniplayer
* While in the same screen click the User Globals button.
The top line tells the program where to find album artwork. (default album artwork name is folder.jpg change this if you save your album artwork under a different name.
Foobar looks for this artwork in the folder that contains the tracks)
* ClickDisplay->Columns UI->and then theImport button. Then open the playlistswitcher file you dragged into the foobar2000 program folder earlier (C:\Program Files\foobar2000)
* Add music folder click Media Library->and then the Add button. (add your music library folder)
* Click Save All and then Close
Congratulations You're Done!!!
Well not exactly, there are many things to customize to your liking that are beyond the scope of this tutorial, but as it stands this should be a functional player.!
since making this tutorial:- panels.ui & cwb hooks arn't supported anymore with the current version
Some usefull links
& ofc the forums